AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Done quite a bit of driving the last week.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 10/27/2008 08:42 (#491886)
Subject: Done quite a bit of driving the last week.

Friday I went about 60 miles north to pick up some combine parts. Lot's of backroads. Saturday Dad went about 60 miles east to look for some steel. Sunday I went about 60 miles south to deliver some Walnuts the boys had picked up. Once again got off the main track, and took blacktops home. Lot's and lot's and lot's of crops still in the field. Best estimate all the way around is about 25% of the crop here is harvested. With good weather this week, though, a lot of beans will come out. What's really going to be interesting is all the late corn and late milo. Lot's of milo fields, while the field may be colored, have got obvious green spots in the fields, which tells me the rest of the field is probably pretty wet. I haven't seen a single harvested milo field. It was 31 here this morning, and is supposed to hit 25 here tonight. There is gonna be a lot of junk milo, by my estimation. There is also a lot of corn still showing green leaves. That will be interesting as well. With all the late planting, we could be looking at a near disaster on some of these crops. Hopefully, the weather will stay good for the next couple of weeks so we can really roll. We'll see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)