AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash crop prices here corn $3.44
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JohnDeereGreenWKY
Posted 10/5/2008 20:27 (#475503)
Subject: Cash crop prices here corn $3.44

West Ky

Well at Cargill they apparently do not want any type of grains at all for a while... at least that is what they tell us in the meetings when I ask How come you guys have the basis so wide. They always reply that is because we don't want it. They must not want it year round because it never seems to go down in the past 6 months. Now if you drive by there you may see a truck or two but no lines at all like you used to see. There would be several corn piles but none this year. Heck guys are wrapping up corn harvest here. I know we don't have much of a crop this year but they should at least have some piles yields are between 40-140.. There are several guys that I know that are sitting on some wheat because they had it booked a couple of years in advance for 3.80-4.00 range and they want to sell it but the basis just won't go down they rolled it over from last year because of the freeze got the wheat and also the forward contracting. Wonder how they think farmers are going to stay in business like this?

Corn Cash

$3.44  -.93 basis

Cash Wheat

$3.70  -2.50 basis

Cash Beans 

$8.70   -.86 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)