AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 2090 Power Shift (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 9/25/2008 23:17 (#469517)
Subject: Case 2090 Power Shift (pic)

Alberta, Canada

The other day our 2090 lost 2nd and 3rd powershift.  It was fine when it was shut down, next morning my father went to use it and no 2nd or 3rd. This happened back in 1997 (2000hrs ago) so I had an idea of what it could be.  As you can see in the picture with the powershift valve body off one of the oil supply tubes popped out of place.  So the oil was just bypassing instead of going into the port on the other end of the tube. Oil was just dumping into the trans case.

As far as I could see the O rings got flattened out over the years and it worked its way out.  Strange that its only the middle one that does it. The top one was in snug still but the bottom one came out pretty easy.  I replaced the O rings and put it back together. The tubes all seemed to go back in with the same amount of force with the new O rings on. I thought possibly the bore the tube slides into was machined to big or something. The guy at the dealer says he's never heard of this before. Both 2090's and 2290's have the same set up.

I was wondering if anyone out there has seen this happen before and know what the cause of it is. 

Edited by Larry in AB 9/26/2008 12:12

(IMG_0673.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0673.JPG (94KB - 433 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)