AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland Trip Arm Spring Length
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

acarpenter
Posted 9/22/2008 16:08 (#466659)
Subject: New Holland Trip Arm Spring Length

The spring on the trip arm broke on our NH 268 square baler over the weekend. Our local, former NH dealer typically doesn't keep anything in stock and will probably have to order a new one. Does anyone have a knotter they could take a quick look at to give me an idea of the spring length required? Our local Tractor Supply keeps a lot of misc. springs in stock & I thought I might check to see if they might have something in stock that would get us by. Of course this would happen when we are getting ready to cut & bale the final field of the year, doesn't it...

Attached is a picture of the NH Parts online that shows the spring. Part # is 86640793, but it doesn't give any type of description, other than "Spring."

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is on the old NH 268 baler that we bought as a "parts" machine a couple of months ago. When we compared this baler to our 273, it was less trouble to fix up this one than to pull the knotters and have to reset them on the 273. The hydraulic bale tension system was shot on it, but we were able to rig it together and are trying to see if we can get it running.

Thanks for any assistance!
Andy

(Knotter Spring.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Knotter Spring.JPG (118KB - 164 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)