AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Virtual Autoswath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JDAMSGURU
Posted 7/23/2008 18:25 (#420777)
Subject: Virtual Autoswath

This is for the sms/insight guys, or anyone interested. What do you think of virtual autoswath? For those out there who don't know what I'm talking about it's the capability of autoswath or swathcontrol on a field cultivator, combine heads, haying equipment, rollers, or any other piece of equipment that doesn't plant or spray. I find this interesting because it would allow customers to have a more accurate acre counter. Just think of tillage at an angle. You don't stop counting acres until you lift the field cultivator. Sometimes you can have .25-.50 acres per round extra counted against you. This throws off your totals at the end. Furthermore take a combine. Just say its wet in the field and you don't want the grain cart out smashing the ground and causing ruts. Some of you take 10 rows down and 8 rows back, but are counted as taking 12 rows there and back on your acre counter unless you manual tell the combine you are doing less. I guess what I'm getting at is we have it for the planters and sprayers, why can't we have the automatic technology for the other pieces of equipment in our fleet? Just would like a little feedback on what you all think. Maybe its total whack, but its an idea that is worth considering......maybe?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)