AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help w/ IH 1200 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 6/18/2008 23:38 (#400529)
Subject: Need help w/ IH 1200 planter

We finally got some nice weather so we were hoping to plant some beans. Planter is a 16/31 1200 pivot transport w/ 600 monitor. I got it out to switch it over to beans and it throws up some codes when you try to go to the remote valves to unfold it. The code is related to the MIU controller not getting enough voltage and this code throws the MIU, MCC1, and MCC2 controllers offline. Everything starts up fine, I go to remote valves and everything is still fine, but when I select to unfold or fold it comes up with the error instantly. If I select plant, it doesnt come up with the code until I change the bar raise to full or limited. It all worked fine a week ago when I parked it.The dealer has been out for 2 days working on it, they have figured out a few things that it is not and they tried a different MIU controller but it seems like there are barely any farther along now than they were when they started. They emailed CIH a few times trying to figure it out and they finally got to talk to someone and talked to him for quite awhile going through a lot of tests. They think it is a bad wire in the cabinet that has the MIU, MCC1 and MCC2 controllers but they are not 100% sure of that. I wish I could at least be able to switch it to beans so when they do figure it out Im ready to go but its still all the way up in the air in the folded position so I cant do that either. This has been the longest stretch of dry weather all year and all we can do is twiddle our thumbs. After seeing the news and pictures of all of the floods, I guess we should be thankful this is our biggest problem right now but it still sucks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)