AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metal in JD 4630 Quadrange Transmission
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KelB
Posted 6/13/2008 22:28 (#396984)
Subject: Metal in JD 4630 Quadrange Transmission

Ayr Queensland Australia 4807
JD 4630Quad range transmission metal, I had a machine come in for a brake repair right hand brake pads fell off and the disc was rubbing on the backing plate causing the filter to block etc in the process of cleaning out the transmission we removed the load control shaft to change the seals and clean this area out and we found this metal. At this point the rockshaft was still on and I thought the pieces looked like maybe a bearing cage from the pinion shaft rear bearing so we took the rockshaft off and inspected the bearing and found it to be still in place.
This material was in the load control area so the most likely places it would come from is the back of the transmission not from the hi/lo and gear section as it usually would land in the front housing near the PTO gear. The material is hard to bend
I have checked the following areas, Rockshaft bushes, rockshaft control valve, dipstick (too hard of material and shaped wrong), top shaft bearing rear, pinion bearing rear, inner axle bearings, planetary thrust washers final drive, A range bush no brass on material, differential ball washers are not used in this machine and the material is too long, top shaft lube pipe is still in place. We have also asked the owner if the metal could be introduced which was very unlikely however we had to ask.

TIA for any good suggestions

Edited by KelB 6/13/2008 22:30

(IMGP7607.JPG)

(IMGP7606.JPG)

(IMGP7605.JPG)

(IMGP7604.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMGP7607.JPG (64KB - 157 downloads)
Attachments IMGP7606.JPG (53KB - 142 downloads)
Attachments IMGP7605.JPG (68KB - 159 downloads)
Attachments IMGP7604.JPG (63KB - 132 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)