AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ500/NavII w/HP NMEA out to AFS 600 Issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CornfedHusker
Posted 5/7/2008 22:48 (#373438)
Subject: EZ500/NavII w/HP NMEA out to AFS 600 Issue

Nebraska
Brand new setup EZ Guide 500 w/HP v3.0 Nav II Trimble with v4.51 AFS 600 precision farming 16.3 as applied 16.2 or something can't remember but all firmware in the 600 was updated last week.

OK. Set up the 500 to output 4800 1hz GGA VTG through the diagnostic port of the autopilot using straight serial cable to the bottom DB9 on the AFS. When initially starting up both systems at the same time DGPS positions work fine. but if you leave the 500 on and shut off the switch (reboot the AFS) the GPS diagnostic screen on the AFS will show GPS offline for about 10 seconds then it'll show exactly what the 500 shows for about 4-5 seconds. It is toggling DGPS-10 (or however many sats the 500 is seeing) and offline.

I don't think the 500 is the culprit here's why, I changed the autosteer type to ezsteer then used the COM port on the back of the 500 to feed DGPS directly to the AFS which resulted in seamless operation.

I don't think the NAV II is the culprit here's why, I used the same straight through serial cable on the diagnostic port to feed DGPS to both SST Field RoverII and SMS Mobile which also resulted in seamless operation.

What gives? Is there somekinda setting in the AFS having to do with the HP solution? I have another unit running a 332 on HP with Insight sending DGPS to an AFS in the same manner as described above and all is well there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)