AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Boom/Rinex/BoomPilot/AutoMate/??? field storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/22/2008 17:51 (#339582)
Subject: EZ-Boom/Rinex/BoomPilot/AutoMate/??? field storage

We recieved our BoomPilot yesterday. We're having some minor issues with it that we'll get ironed out soon I'm sure but in out experiments we have found what we believe to be a significant issue. We will talk to tech support Monday to make sure we're understanding it right but it appears that whan we shut it off and then turn it back on it remembers how many acres you sprayed but it forgets where those acres are so when you go back to your field to finish it the next day you'll have to re-make the outside pass.

One might think that it's not a big issue because most of the time you can get a field done in a few hours with a sprayer but in our experience we regularly quit spraying with 1/4 to 1/3 of the field remaining because of the possiblity of drifting onto a neighbors field because of the wind direction. We frequently come back the next morning when things have calmed down or another day when the wind is in a different direction.

For those of you that have dealt with the BoomPilot, are we understanding it correctly? Is this how it works? Is it a big problem for using it?

For those of you that have other boom controllers, do yours store fields? My understanding is that the AutoMate stores one. How many does the EZ-Boom store? I would assume it might make a difference if you are using the EZ-Guide+ or the EZ-Guide 500. Rinex? Thanks for the input.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)