AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble's true tracker implement steer on 1790 planter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dgrimm
Posted 3/21/2008 17:17 (#338779)
Subject: Trimble's true tracker implement steer on 1790 planter?

A year ago we tested Trimble's true tracker implement steer system and have been very happy with the results. However, Trimble has never gotten brackets designed for connecting to a 1790 split row planter. Anyone who has seen the main toolbar on this machine can appreciate the challenge! Last year, we removed several split row units and built our own stuff to attach the unit. This year, we have a 4-blade rather than 2-blade system, which is heavier and probably puts more pressure on the planter frame. I am very interested if anyone else has tried to make this combination work and what you have learned. Our dealer knows very little about this and Trimble has unfortunately appears to have little support resources outside the individual dealer.

Would love to hear from someone who has tried to make this work and willing to share what we have done as well. I am concerned about the pressure we are putting on the planter by pushing it sideways out in the field. If you would rather, email me at -- dgrimm at mewlan dot com. Thanks!

As a secondary issue, has anyone who has used the True Tracker on any piece of equipment been able to make the disks work in a "float" position for those times when you are setting your original AB line or headland pass? Have tried several things, some ideas from Trimble, and only thing that works is manually draining the oil from the lines.

Edited by dgrimm 3/21/2008 17:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)