AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ron's manufacturing coulter attachments came in today (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 3/7/2008 22:20 (#328669)
Subject: Ron's manufacturing coulter attachments came in today (pics)

I was starting to get a little frustrated with the shipping company, but they finally found the order and delivered it today. The units come unassembled which is a good idea for space and packaging. The hubs are unpainted unfortunatly.
Edit in:link to previous thread. http://u15205752.onlinehome-server.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4...

Assembling a few while I wait for the deere salesman to show up with my new raven cruizer.

Spread another load of fertilizer and talked to the case salesman about great plains parts and pieces for building a no-till planter. Then finished assembling the rest this evening.

If the weather holds, tomorrow (saturday) I hope to get them installed and tested. Then if they work ok in the test area, I'll try to move the tractor and machine to the grass field I hope to plant spring wheat into next week. Which is this field.

The grass field was slated for rotation this year but we waited till the last second to make the final decision which will allways bite us in the end. We did no fall fertilizer and no fall herbicide work. I sprayed it with glyphosate on the 28th of february, and fertilized the 29th. The mice have allmost wiped out the stand of grass. Amazing amount of mice damage. And the commie liberal POS's that run this state want to take away the zinc phosphate bait completely. Then what are we supposed to do? go back to conventional tillage?.........I hope to get some pics of the test in both situations and post them this weekend if possible.

Edited by Old Pokey 3/11/2008 09:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)