AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you do when......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 4/24/2011 20:36 (#1742675)
Subject: What do you do when......

Farmington IL
you arent busy with your livestock? We know garvo likes to water ski but how about everyone else?
I'm really a grain farmer with 60 cows. We have 800 acres of corn and 300 of soybeans and I enjoy that as much as raising cattle so that takes some time but I got to spend a little time today doing something I really enjoy.

I really enjoy vintage farm equipment. I have a few two cylinder deeres and I find using them very enjoyable. A change from our everyday rush around here.

A day picking ear corn will make a guy really appreciate our modern harvesting technology.

This combine is exactly like the one my grandad bought new in 1963 at the Fairview Farmers Elevator. He also bought a 495 planter there with dry fertlizer, just like the one in the photo.

I have fond memories of this 1951 B tractor. I remember riding on it with my grandad as he hauled loads of hay and ear corn. It is mechanically 100 percent but awaiting cosmetic restoration now.
It seems I have less and less time to enjoy this hobby but hopefully I can find time to sit in the seat of these classics in the coming year.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)