AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just one opinion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ron/PA
Posted 10/31/2010 19:12 (#1416030)
Subject: Just one opinion

Been reading the firestorm resulting from a dirty cat below. I'm just wondering how some folks get through the trials and tribulations of life without a touch of humor.

A saw that one word post shortly after it was made and never imagined how offended folks would get.

We've got dogs that I threaten to shoot daily, we've got barn cats that I offer a up to the buzzards if they keep getting into machinery and under vehicles.

I depend on humor to get through my day, every day. The worse the day the more I need that humor.

I'll relate an exchange between myself an another poster on this board about a week after my Dad died last fall. I commented that we lost my Dad recently and I got back a short text asking one simple question of 4 words.

"Look under the couch?"

I instantly had a "depends moment" Near ruined a keyboard and monitor by spraying it.

Was it crude? Probably.

Was it insensitive? Maybe.

Was it funny? Well it was to me and it gave me the first good laugh I'd had since Dad's departure from this earth. It's the kind of humor Dad would have enjoyed, since he and I always shared the philosophy that we can't take life too seriously.

I will forever be grateful to that poster for the chance to laugh myself to tears when the tears were already flowing too freely.

Take a break, understand that the worst life has to offer can be dealt with a bit easier by looking at the funny side of life,,, or death for that matter.

Lighten up and laugh when you can.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)