AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A retake on the mud and cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 3/16/2010 09:26 (#1122739)
Subject: A retake on the mud and cattle

North Mo.
http://www.gazette.com/articles/parks-95468-springs-cans.html Got this, this morning thought I would share it. On the Roy pix yep pretty much tells the lots in Mo. most are worse. Does my stockpile pix. look more friendly yep but you don't hear the cattle or see them standing by a wire waiting to get to food. People driving down the road do and I have heard comments that he is starving his cattle from other farmers, god knows what the city people think. I try to explain that when grass comes they will gain back plus, but it still concerns me. And yes John I had some dinks that didn't make it thru the winter to, my bad, should have sold them last fall.
Yep the sale barn pix, HSUS would have a field day with the calf in the sale ring, good they put the cap over the camera. Don't know the answers except we need to be proactive in our approach to the public. One example I was told at a mtg. I went to a older gentleman, yes older than me, said [When you go to the doctors office take a few magazines along mark out your address, leave them for people that don't have a clue might read.]. Just got to try to do our best. Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)