AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

search function messes up links to images
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/26/2009 11:06 (#986289)
Subject: search function messes up links to images

When I post on newagtalk and desire to put pictures in my post I prefer to link to pictures stored other than the NAT server so that I can do my small part on reducing server demands (maybe it doesn't make much of a difference though as I don't know much about it).

I have noticed that if I make a post on newagtalk and then search for that post using the newagtalk search function, it is possible for the search function to insert code into the img tag and therefore make it so the img does not display.

In my example, if you were to search for my for sale ad of a 32' Shelbourne Reynolds stripper header by searching for "shelbourne", you would find that I have made multiple posts of the same ad indicating I wanted to sell the header. If you click on one of those posts, you will notice that none of the images show up. However, if you go to the for sale page, and go through the pages until you come to the exact same post, the images display properly.

The problem is that I named my picture "shelbourne.jpg" or something like that. The search function found the "shelbourne" part of "shelbourne.jpg" and said "hey, that matches the search function, I need to highlight that" and added a "span class='highlight'" into the src part of the img tag. This makes it so that anyone who finds my shelbourne ad through the search function or anyone who finds any other post describing repair tips, etc will not see pictures if the original poster did not realize they had to name their pictures in such a manner that they would not trigger the search engine's highlight feature.

I have seen this before and always thought someone had just deleted their photobucket image but I bet there were many of those searches where the search engine had just added some text to the src part of the image tag. Now that I know this, I can keep it in mind and figure things out most likely, but it would be more convenient if there were some way to make it so that the search engine did not add and code into any src portion of any tag. Would it be possible to do this? Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)