AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7 pin wiring on TigerMate 200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/10/2024 08:02 (#10701353)
Subject: 7 pin wiring on TigerMate 200

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I purchased a used TigerMate 200 a couple of years back. The signal/tail lights did not work properly. I removed the 7 pin connector and did some testing with no luck.

This year I decided to get a new plug and try again. The wiring appears to be more complicated than a simple trailer setup. There is an electronic assembly mounted on the frame with the large cable coming from the tractor going into it with four branches leading out to the various lights.

I suspect the device is a group of 3 relays. The cable leading to the tractor has 6 wires in it. Black, White, Red, Brown, Green, Yellow.

My guess is that the Brown, Green and Yellow wires which are commonly used to directly light the tails lights and the signal lights are now triggers to individual coils in the assembly on the frame. My guess is that Red splits and provides the power that actually powers the lights by using the Common and Normally Open terminals of the relays.

The black and white might both be grounds. One for the coils of the relays and the other for the lights themselves.

I should be able to test my theory by trial and error that is assuming relays are involved and in working condition.

Anyone know how this goes for certain? Thanks.

Edited by tedbear 4/10/2024 13:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)