AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gas Powered Pump for Shallow Well
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Lb94
Posted 3/28/2024 13:58 (#10684299)
Subject: Gas Powered Pump for Shallow Well

West Central Illinois
I've got a hand dug shallow well on a rented farm with a shallow 20' deep well in the bottom by a creek that i'm wanting to somehow get water out of to a 1000 gallon holding tank that will divert to a stock tank. Back in the day the landowner said they had a hand pump they used to pump water into for the sows up on the hill so it's never had power down there. Really good shallow water table down there been in a 2 yr drought and water's still just a foot or 2 from top.

This would only need to serve a 7 acre paddock that's kind of isolated on that side of the creek but want to be able to rotate it on its own from the rest of the pasture so they don't backgraze the other paddocks so i can lock them out of it. Would a gas semitrash pump be enough to lift water from a shallow height like that? This is a smaller pasture and the landowner doesn't get the whole rotational grazing deal so a fancy solar pump is out of the question here. Would be nice but not feasible unfortunately. Do they make any kind of jet pumps that are gas powered?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)