AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well now I did it.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Buster 50
Posted 8/24/2023 19:46 (#10374166)
Subject: Well now I did it.

North West IA/western AZ
I have been having trouble swallowing off and on for the last few months and my wife keeps saying that I need to get my esophagus stretched again. Yesterday, I grilled some pork chops and sat down to eat. After 2 bites it became apparent my lower esophageal sphincter wasn't opening. It was stuck and nothing was triggering regurgitation like has happened before. Swallowing was very painful so I started spitting into a bucket. Called my doctor but of course all you get is a nurse who's only suggestion is the nearest ER. We made the trip to Sioux City to the ER and after a few hours was informed they had no GI doctors anymore, they had gone out on their own. They did have a surgeon who could fix it first thing tomorrow morning and I had to spend the night to keep the appointment. Bright and early this morning the put me under and dug out several pieces of meat. It was too inflamed to stretch so I've still got that to look forward to. Picture is the tube and spots where food was lodged. Also a picture of the black eyes that are starting to show. Last time was when I had my shoulder rotator cuff done. Too hot to work outside anyway.

Edited by Buster 50 8/24/2023 19:47

(IMG_7325 (full).jpeg)

(EAMP4027 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_7325 (full).jpeg (182KB - 221 downloads)
Attachments EAMP4027 (full).JPG (81KB - 183 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)