AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2023 Can Am Defender AM radio interference.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 5/30/2023 08:31 (#10249221)
Subject: 2023 Can Am Defender AM radio interference.

West Central Iowa
Anyone have a newer Can Am Defender Limited that they listen to AM radio on?

I recently installed a new Rockfort Fosgate PMX-3 in my 2023 Limited and I have nothing but static from AM radio with the engine running and I have tracked the radio static down to something in the Defender electrical system causing interference.

If I pull the F4 fuse in the fuse panel under the seat, the interference goes away instantly. The F4 fuse is called the cluster/relay fuse. When I power the radio up with the key in the run position, but do not start the engine, after almost exactly 30 seconds, every time, the AM radio static goes away and I get pretty decent AM radio reception. If I start the engine and leave it run, the interference never goes away.

So what ever is causing the interference shuts down after 30 seconds with the key on/engine off, but does not shut down when the engine is running and is powered by the F4 cluster/relay fuse.

I tried hot wiring the radio off of a second battery and it makes no difference, so I don't think a filter in the power supply line is going to help.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a newer Can Am Limited so I can try to figure out what is all powered by this F4 fuse?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)