AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 5/25/2023 21:22 (#10243704)
Subject: Spying

NW Iowa
Over in Machinery Talk I posted a suggestion on how to remove a broken pipe from a casting. I made the post on my desktop computer. After I finished I went out the door to tackle my afternoon jobs. About midway through the afternoon out of the blue I heard talking through my blue tooth hearing aides. What the? I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw a you tube video with a guy explaining how he removed a broken off pipe from a casting playing on the screen. Again, what the? My phone is locked with a security code so this video could not be some kind of a pocket dial thing. The security code needs to be entered before the phone will do anything. However, notification of incoming texts will come up on the screen without the security code being used but I have to punch in the code to read the whole text. This was a full you tube video I saw on the screen, not just a preview. So some artificial intelligence out there somewhere picked up on my pipe fitting post and shot a you tube video out to me somehow getting past the security code. There was no advertising, no antagonizing subject, just the video.

Can any of you guys who are more tech savvy than me explain to me how this can happen?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)