AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling all Ag Leader gurus. Multiple liquid modules on one planter.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 5/2/2023 21:39 (#10213709)
Subject: Calling all Ag Leader gurus. Multiple liquid modules on one planter.

Hennepin, IL
Ran into something today that has me puzzled. Customer bought a White planter run entirely with AL. It has a STMM, CCM, hydraulic drive module, 8 section ISO downforce, and 2 liquid modules. I'm stumped as to why this thing has the 2 LPCM's since it only has 1 liquid system and no real provisions for a second. Module 1 is plugged into what looks like a Surefire hydraulic diaphragm pump system in channel 1, 4 section valves in the boom plug, and a pressure sensor plugged into the auxiliary plug. Seems pretty straightforward. Module 2 has nothing in the boom plug, an implement switch jumper in the auxiliary plug, and a Raven flow/control cable in channel 1. Here's the real stumper, the flow/control cable from #2 actually tees into the same flow meter that #1 is also plugged into. The tee appears to be homemade. The other plug on that cable which would be for the Raven control valve runs up the tongue a bit and isn't plugged into anything. It does end up close to an electric ball valve in the supply line going up to the tractor that I'd assume was for a set of saddle tanks. Theres tanks on the planter as well, so the saddle tanks wouldve been extra storage so the ball valve does make sense. That ball valve appears to have been rewired somewhere along the line as it now has a 3 wire cable going up to the tractor to a 3 pin weather pack that'd I'd assume went to a switch in the cab.

With all that laid out, is it remotely possible that Module #2 could've been rigged to open the ball valve in that line when the tanks on the planter ran empty and flow ran out? That's the only remote reason I could see for this setup, but can't wrap my head around if it would actually work. Not really a big deal as the customer isn't planning on using the liquid system this spring, but probably will going forward. It'll likely just get set up with module #1 and completely eliminate #2 when the time comes. Just curious what other's thoughts were on it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)