AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

laptop not connecting to a new router
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Blroberts
Posted 3/15/2023 10:57 (#10141156)
Subject: laptop not connecting to a new router

Central Illinois
I had to purchase a new router a few weeks ago. Set it up and everything worked well I thought. I reconnected all the wireless devices in house with no problems. I failed to notice that my laptop wasn't connecting to the router wirelessly as normally I do home computing from my computer desk and have the ethernet plugged in. One day I disconnected the ethernet cable as it was tangled up with some other cables and noticed the problem. When I leave my house and take my laptop I can connect to wireless networks just fine wherever I am at. Strangely, I can bring my work laptop home and it flawlessly connects to my network. I did spend time on the phone with technical support (my router is an ASUS) and they walked me through a bunch of settings on the router and failed to get resolution. The tech service rep then said they would have to "step it up" to try to get resolution. Their process was to send me a Word document with instructions to populate the document with information so they can attempt to duplicate the problem. I have only partially completed this process as I haven't been able to be at home a lot in the last week or so. Have any of you ever experienced this problem?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)