AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Intuit/Quickbooks concern
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/21/2023 09:37 (#10051241)
Subject: Another Intuit/Quickbooks concern

If you’re not aware, QB Pro will be $550/year in 2023 and payroll is $500/year. On top of that there is no link on their website to acquire it which seems to indicate they’re trying to force everyone into Premier over time which is $800 annually. Either that or QB online which is an even worse issue with future data accessibility.

If I upgrade from Quickbooks 2021 to 2024 a year from now so that I can keep using payroll, I’ll have to update my company file in that process.

At that point my company file will not be compatible with any older version of Quickbooks.

Then in 2025 or later, let’s say Intuit doubles and triples down on their price gouging and I say, “I’ve had enough!” and I switch to something cheaper.

Will I even be able to access the data on my company file without paying for a new subscription at that point?

I’m under the impression that with Quickbooks Pro 2021 that I have now, I could leave it installed on my computer for a decade and I’d be able to keep accessing old data even if I never update it again.

If their new model removes the ability to do this then I would really be setting my path in stone by continuing with them…

Edited by dpilot83 1/21/2023 10:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)