AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Filter database
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/17/2023 23:20 (#10045690)
Subject: Farm Filter database

West Union, Illinois

I wasn't sure to ask here or Machinery Talk.  Dad wrote what a filter went in on the box.  When you're using IH '66 series tractors and a 1480 combine it isn't too difficult.

Today we have an old Magnum, MX Magnum, Big green tractor, small green tractor, big blue tractor, IH, Freightliner, Volvo, and Kenworth semi's, etc.  I worked up a spreadsheet based on filters.  There's a section for oil, fuel, hydraulic, and air.  It's organized by filter.  First column has the rigs the filter fits.  The next columns are for the various brands we've used over the years:  OEM #, NAPA, Wix  (same number plus 1 digit), Baldwin, Fleetguard, Luberfiner, Carquest.  Yes, it is a bit awkward at times.  It also goes back 20 years or so.  We typically buy filters when suppliers have a filter sale.  A couple years ago the same list of filters had an $800 difference in the same exact list.  But I'm getting side tracked.

While my spreadsheet works great for reordering, as our stable gets more and more varied it gets a bit more awkward to use.  I would like to have a database where I pull up a tractor and it lists all the filters.  But when I do an inventory I could get a print out similar to my current spreadsheet to go through the shelves, get a count of what is current, and get a list of what we need.

Anybody have something like that?  I've played with databases a little but not enough to develop this

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)