AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone ringer volume changing on its own
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/22/2022 07:01 (#9896476)
Subject: iPhone ringer volume changing on its own

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am now using a refurbished iPhone 8 with IOS 16. I have been having problems from time to time with the ringer volume reducing itself to a very low level meaning that I miss calls. When I check the ringer volume it has decreased to zero. Moving the slider to about 3/4 scale rights the problem but it may reoccur. I have the volume buttons which could be set to change the ringer volume to OFF. In other words, accidently changing them should NOT change the ringer volume.

I changed the ringtone and that seemed to help but it reoccurred yesterday. The calls show up as a missed calls. Last night I mentioned this to a friend who uses an iPhone also with his Bluetooth hearing aids. He said the guy at the VA told him to power the phone OFF more often than he normally does to work around problems with the hearing aids and the phone.

I did a search this morning and the problem apparently is somewhat common. It seems to be related to certain Bluetooth devices. Both my car and truck do use Bluetooth. I have not been driving either lately although I did make a parts run and use the phone through the car the other day. I did try my ear bud Bluetooth speakers while doing some tillage. The suggestion in the article was to forget the offending Bluetooth device. I had several Bluetooth listings (headphones etc.) and did the forget procedure for all. This may be the answer for now.

Anyone have any experiences of this type?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)