AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeder Flash 9/23 WOW WOW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 9/24/2022 10:42 (#9859015)
Subject: Feeder Flash 9/23 WOW WOW

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa

Watch Feeder flash 9/23 and get some amazing numbers in the opening Monologue. Holy crap even if you have been keeping up with our industry female numbers should shock you.
Some of us have been doing this for a long time and haven't seen conditions line up a whole lot better in a generation, provided you are still in the game.

Cow calf guys should be able to walk into a standup double next two years minimum, conditions are ripe for far better in my OP. It may be our turn to stack some chips. Even with the assumption of a Black Swan crapping in our cheerios I am optimistic. The rebuild for anyone that had to downsize will be slow and painful at these prices and availability of Females to rebuild.

The disconnect the board shows, "almost worthless" will make it hard at first to pay calf prices but someone will feed them, and if the feeder gets the ability to hedge and not risk life and limb watch out for new record highs.

Some farmer feeders will have a quiet yard this winter as they have committed their corn elsewhere and pulled chips, I am one of those. Sold 3000 tons of corn silage so far and will consider selling some earlage and HM corn. With our location freight eats us up so we sell in a form we can sell locally.

We will still feed our own calves, but we will have about '2500 of extra bunk this year.

25% of our fall calves are on the ground and it's been dream conditions so far.

What's your business plan moving forward? regardless of your size question.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)