AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chisel plow under $15,000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

thelastcowboy
Posted 8/6/2022 09:12 (#9782993)
Subject: Chisel plow under $15,000

Folks I need opinions on a chisel plow. Mostly bean stubble going to corn with some sized but not chopped corn stalks as well. No more than 300 acres a year. I've got new B and R stalk rolls and a Yetter stalk devastator on my corn head. I have an old JD 1600 that actually did a decent job of roughing up the ground but didn't bury much trash and actually started plugging in bean stubble of all things last fall. I just run straight shovels not twisted ones. Pulling it with a JD 9200 so thinking 30 foot max. Have some rocks and rolling hills.

I am partial to Deere and had been looking for 680's but they seem to be mostly available in the Fargo area and are typically wore out from that neck of the woods, all bushings and the hitch stretched out, and if that's not the case they go for a crazy price - one sold at auction yesterday a few hours away that had no harrow and one major weld but still went for over $17k. It's not that I would not consider a different brand, but I just don't know what to look for - I can get parts from just about anywhere (eastern SD).

Any thoughts on what to look for? Looking to bury some/most trash and rough up the ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)