AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chiefillini
Posted 8/6/2022 09:17 (#9782998)
Subject: Brand Loyalty

Disclaimer: I am a John Deere guy.

Is anybody's area starting to walk away from Deere and Case? We've got a local ACGO dealer who has done a great job getting tractors and combines onto guys' farms to demo. As a result, we're starting to see more and more fendt tractors out there with more on the way supposedly. Heard of a deere guy going the gleaner route because of price, support, and simplicity of the machine. His review: "such a simple machine and a lot less moving parts than a deere. I'm running the same speed as my deere and its doing the same job if not a little better." I heard of another who ordered an Ideal combine. Demoed it last year and liked it. Priced one out with heads and was about 30k cheaper than the deere packaged he priced, and that was excluding the 3 year warranty and service package from fendt. A friend got a 1050 vario last year for the sole reason to save money on fuel. I remember running through numbers, and what he was saving on fuel over 3000hrs was absurd.

We've got a problematic quadtrac that our area dealer doesn't have anybody smart/skilled enough to work on it. Our deere combine is getting to the end of its life. Upgrade time is coming soon. I thought I knew what I wanted but no idea anymore.

Sorry for the rambling but just was curious if anybody was seeing anything similar in their area?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)