AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland round baler, what causes this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 6/23/2022 20:47 (#9718331)
Subject: New Holland round baler, what causes this?

KY
Rolled somewhere between 35-40 rolls today between 5-6 mph with zero issues. Suddenly, and I mean just like a light switch, I start getting buildup in front of the belts until it starts coming out the top like an air popcorn popper. It started the bale, and was at about 25% when I stopped. I kicked out what I had in there, and it had a bunch piled up on the backside of the belts overhead. Cleaned all that up and dug out most of the crap piled up in the front. Started again, noticed the same thing in short order. Thought maybe since I didn’t get 100% of it it may have caused it to do it again so I cleaned the thing completely out. Got maybe 200 feet before it was bad again, hardly any in the chamber and all this mess piled up. When I clean it out, it’s shredded like you cut it with a lawnmower, mostly fescue with a little clover and orchard grass, but I wasn’t digging anything out of there that was anything but fine clippings. It’s like the pickup or the dimpled roller is chewing it up. I fought this for an hour and a half and luckily only had a couple short windrows left by the time I was overheating and ticked off, I slowed to a crawl and got that little bit in the baler with very little buildup in the front, no more than normal chaff that comes through the belt gaps. It is possible that it was a bit dry, it was cut Tuesday afternoon and yesterday was super hot and humidity wasn’t too bad and I let it lay until about 1:30 today. Normally it would be still a little iffy around the outside rounds due to the shade but it was all dry, so I’m sure some of it was really dry. Still, to knock out 35 or so with no issue, don’t think it’s the hay. Pickup in good shape, timing is right, tines are good. Belts are worn but have run belts an easy thousand beyond, and like I said, just like you flipped a switch and it started. Have 20 more acres I’d like to cut, but afraid to with this going on. May make two rounds around the outside just to see how it goes before I commit to laying the rest down.

(586AC4C1-91C3-47DD-BCEA-B7CA3F2CE613 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 586AC4C1-91C3-47DD-BCEA-B7CA3F2CE613 (full).jpeg (160KB - 232 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)