AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High rate dicamba early for residual twh ragweed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BradMWilliams
Posted 6/14/2022 20:42 (#9705538)
Subject: High rate dicamba early for residual twh ragweed

We're having problems with marestail, ragweed, and TWH. We started late april with 1pt rup to kill grasses and Covercrop +1pt 24D to kill marestail etc. +1qt Prowl to give us residual for twh until a worst case June burndown. It worked pretty well. The problem was that the stuff that was sprayed last (aka my stuff after we finished dad's in early may) didn't get enough 24D to kill the now larger marestail, and only knocked it back. Still had to use 1oz sharpen in the second pass... Prowl did hold the TWH back long enough though...

That got me to thinking. I know that Dicamba can have residual at high enough rates. Instead of the prowl and 24D early, why not just run 1-1.5 qts dicamba? Be cheaper, easier, and same result. It would smoke the marestail, and early emerging twh and ragweed. Also, it would give residual for the ragweed and twh until a worst case early-mid June burndown. The only thing I've read that would be a problem is that too much dicamba can hurt the microbiome. Any thoughts on this? Obviously dicamba beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)