AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ReCalculate in Libre Calc Spreadsheets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/3/2022 07:02 (#9688470)
Subject: ReCalculate in Libre Calc Spreadsheets

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
After modifying the price on a recent grain sale spreadsheet, I noticed that the extension and further calculations that were dependent on the change were not changing. For example, with my latest spreadsheet I had entered a price of $7.91 per bushel. When I got the settlement sheet from the elevator I noticed that my contract price was actually $7.9175. I went to the first cell and made the change, There was no change in the extended price for that load. The value for the load was still based on the original price. I copied the new price for the other loads. Their extended value for the other loads were not updated either.

After doing some investigation I determined that I could force a recalculate by using F9. When I looked under Data, calculate, recalculate seems to be checked but it doesn't recalculate the way I would expect.

If I type in a new formula or actually the same formula again, the result(s) are updated.

I would think that I should be able to set up Calc so that it always does a recalculate without the added step of forcing it with F9 (which I tend to forget). This recalculation seems to be done sometimes but not other times.

Maybe all spreadsheets are this way and that a forced Recalculate is necessary depending on the order of events. It's not a big thing to hit F9 when in doubt but I forget.

Also in Calc sheets the footer and header are turned ON by default. When I print out the spreadsheet I get the generic header and footer. I rarely want them so I can turn them off on a spreadsheet by spreadsheet basis. I wish I could turn them off on a more global basis and but be able to turn them on the few times I actually want them.

If I turn off the footer and header, save the spreadsheet and later modify the spreadsheet the footer and headers do stay off but I would rather not have to mess with them at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)