AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eero Pro 6 Mesh WiFi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Haoleguy
Posted 4/23/2022 20:36 (#9628472)
Subject: Eero Pro 6 Mesh WiFi

Just changed over my modem and router setup to bring my systems into the 21st century. Looked up on the Comcast website to see what equipment was approved for modems and went from a ~10yr old Motorola surfboard to a new Motorola MB8611 to handle faster data flow and future proof. On the router side I've left the Apple Timecapsule for an Eero Pro 6 triband mesh system with 2 units at far ends of the house. Took this opportunity to also add an 8 port ethernet switch to hard wire as many things as possible(entertainment, storage devices, VOIP phone, etc) from the 2 router units. Only a few things (computers, tablets, phones) are now wirelessly connected to the internet routers. System has only been up a few days but there's been a noticeable improvement. The VOIP phone system seems to be the only casualty this far. I need to purchase a new base unit to fix. I'll live with it for a few weeks and then up my internet speeds with Comcast. I should say that the Eero system was easy to set up. I considered an ASUS system but people were complaining of periodic dropouts from new firmware updates. So far so good. One future goal is to add internet entertainment choices and make use of free apps to get everything we need and eliminate cable tv.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)