AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Followup on additives for cleaning injectors and lubricity.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 3/2/2009 13:12 (#628870)
Subject: Followup on additives for cleaning injectors and lubricity.........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

I was directed to a good commentary about the comparisons of different additives for making ULSD more palatable.  I also was given a file containing the results of a test in chart form.

Although there are just a pile of posts responding to the original post-----ie the thread is several pages in length, if one would read at least the opening post, it would appear that such would be informative.

My conclusion after reading the posts and the chart............there are products which purport to be injector cleaners but which cause the resulting fuel mix to be less lubricating than ULSD by itself-------------and therefore, it would seem that one should use a product which is not only a cleaner, but also appears to be better in the lubrication dept than ULSD by itself.........and therefore one could use that cleaner on a long term basis without causing potential problem to pump, etc.

With this in mind, I am more interested in seeing what Schaeffer products have to offer.

With respect to pure lubrication, it would appear that 2% soy is about as good as it gets.

With respect to the soydiesel, there is a post about 2-3 pages back that addresses the lubrication properties of more than 2% mix----------and it says that technicians suggest that more than 2% has a severe curve for diminishing returns.

Study was done in 08/07.

Prices were obviously different then..........but, for example, Howes Kleaner can be purchased for no more than 34.00 per gallon now, in 5gal purchases.....so it would be much cheaper than indicated...........and I would guess the others would be similar.

I'm not suggesting that any of the referenced "stuff" is technically accurate, or anything of the nature---------just something to be read and expanded upon.

reference to the thread/posts...........diesel place.com

Edited by jakescia 3/2/2009 13:26

(HFRRtesting2 (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HFRRtesting2 (Small).jpg (101KB - 105 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)