AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on the Bike Purchase
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 6/12/2008 23:29 (#396395)
Subject: Update on the Bike Purchase

Kansas
Passed on it.

Bike felt loose riding down the road. He'd advertised it with a brand new battery and had it on the charger the whole time over the noon hour. 3rd time I went to start it she dang neart didn't get the job done. Cracks in the fairing, Crack in the rear hard case. Front tire had a flat spot. Told me how the bike had been sitting the last two years and he was selling it because he never rode it and then after I get back he tells me how the neighbor businessman had been riding it for the past week. Between reading about the stator and then everything else plus the flat out lie, I told the ole boy I was interested in something over 1000 cc's but not this particular one. Wasn't going to waste his time or mine anymore and I swiped one of his camel wides and lit it and walked out the door. I expect a call one of these days.

I also didn't like how close the handlebars are in on that thing. I am so darn used to the 4 wheeler with the wide handlebar stance and I feel most comfortable with my arms our farther than most, of course my chest width isn't average either so might have alot to do with it.

I sure appreciate all the comments below about that bike. Hate going into these things blind not knowing anything. Ya'll did a real fine job with a crash course. I'm grateful. Thank You.

Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)