AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Double Crop Milo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Full_Draw
Posted 6/11/2008 08:33 (#395002)
Subject: Double Crop Milo

Kansas
Well guys I have been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I am new to farming so I appreciate all of the information that I have gathered from this forum. However, I have a couple of questions about double cropping some milo after my wheat comes off. I am in South Central Kansas so I would say that the wheat will probably be off (weather permitting) in about 2 weeks. My main question pertains to what you guys have done in the past to get the ground ready for the double crop. I have done some reading on the Extension website and seen that there are a few ways to get the ground ready but I'm not sure which would be better. 1) Burn stubble, disc or cultivate, plant 2) Disc stubble in once, cultivate, plant or 3) no-till into stubble. #1 and #2 I can do myself so that is what I would prefer but I have a neighbor that I can get to no-till for a custom rate. Current plan is to apply a burndown (if no-till) and also apply Dual or Bicep and it will be planted on 15" rows will either a conventional or no-till drill. So will either option #1 or #2 work or should I pay the custom rate and have it no-tilled?

Thanks again for all of the help....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)