AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

don't let the sun set if you have a problem with a friend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Robert in CenMo
Posted 5/25/2008 20:03 (#384615)
Subject: don't let the sun set if you have a problem with a friend

Prairie Home MO
I am putting this post on crop talk because it has to do with renting ground and also more people might see. A good friend and neighbor lost a piece of ground by us. Went to see him this spring about something else and asked if it was true. He told us" most "of the story and that was all that was said. It got into planting season and saw no one was doing anything with ground and asked relative about it. He gave phone no. and said to call he didn't know. So called and met and ended up renting it a couple of weeks ago. Went in this week to do some work and could tell it upset friend and his family. Went to see him today to see why. The part of the story he didn't tell us was that the landlord said someone had bid more than he would and when we pulled in he thought and rightfully so it was us. Don't know if someone else did or not but we sure didn't try to rent it out from under him. It really hurt him that he thought we would. I tried everything and explained how we rented it and didn't even know this person a month ago. He said he believed me but I know deep down he will always wonder. When I left tears were rolling down his cheek and as I type this tears are still rolling down mine as I know I have lost a good friend over something that someone else did. I'm glad I went to see him. If I wouldn't have, what is left of friendship would have been gone forever. If you have a problem with someone go talk about it before its to late. Robert
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)