AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 252/332 possible problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/7/2008 07:34 (#372881)
Subject: Trimble 252/332 possible problems

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We received a notice from Trimble indicating that some possible problems with 252/332 might be observed.

As I understand the situation, an old unused GPS satellite has been put back into service. This "new" bird apparently can cause problems with certain GPS receivers when this bird is in view for your area.

From Trimble's chart it appears that many of their receivers will be fine but the 252/332 may at times experience problems. The fix for the 252/332 is a yet not released newer version of firmware. The chart indicates that this will be "released soon".

Yesterday I was able to plant for a while until I got rained out. I did not notice any problems with my 332 running V 3.56 during this time.

The Trimble note also includes the Government notice that this bird was going back into service. This notice was dated last year. It seems that the Government did give fair warning of this change and I would think that Trimble would have taken the appropriate action to updating their firmware appropriately.

Fortunately for many of us, this problem does not seem to affect the EZ-Guide 500.

I have no idea if this situation will cause problems with other brands of GPS receivers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)