AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MojoRTK software updates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/2/2008 18:04 (#369909)
Subject: MojoRTK software updates

For those of you with MojoRTK in the United States, how does it work for you to do a software update by going through the menus and letting the console look for a software update? We got one of the earlier ones and it came with SW version 1000. We tried multiple times and tried rebooting and trying more times in various locations that had good cell reception and it always said "no software updates available". We then called Mojo and they emailed us the current software version (1256 at the time) and it loaded up fine. I read on another thread that 13.56 is available now. I wonder if that means that my 1256 was actually 12.56 or if the 13.56 refers to firmware and the 1256 refers to software? Anyways, what have you had to do to determine if there are updates available to the Mojo console or Mojo base station?

On another note, for anyone who is interested, our Mojo is working quite well for what we're trying to do. In a previous thread I posted how the MojoRTK unit was a good deal at introductory prices and may not be quite so good of a deal now depending on what you need. The Mojo crew has been polishing things though and I'm pretty happy with the way things are going and I am also satisfied with their efforts to enhance their product. It still doesn't have all the stuff I want but I think that it's going to.

We hired someone to do our strip tilling with a 12 (30") row rig. The guy that did it was running an AutoFarm RTK system. We are now planting on his strips with our 16 row planter. We only have a 2 wheel drive 4840 John Deere to pull it with and the MojoRTK is interfaced with the tractor through an EZ-Steer which as I understand it is not the best possible way. We have several things working against us for the accuracy of the total system.

1. Older equipment (possible loose steering components, etc)

2. EZ-Steer supposedly not an ideal steering solution

3. 2 wheel drive as opposed to something that can steer to where it needs to be quicker like a MFWD or 4WD

Despite the possible drawbacks, we've been very pleased so far. Most of the time when we look back we're right on the strips. The main problems we see are not from the RTK but from differences between the two implements. There are places where our rows are not exactly 30" apart and there are places where the strip till rig was not exactly 30" apart and when things work just wrong they match up and we are a little off but it is no fault of either the AutoFarm or the Mojo. Even in those areas (which aren't often) we are usually partially on the strip. Unfortunately that's almost worse than being totally off the strip because our seed will be falling just to the side of the strip and our gauge wheel will still be on the strip which will decrease our seeding depth. Good thing we upgraded to walking gauge wheels this year. We feel that reduced the effect of what we would have experienced. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)