AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marestail problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bmcpherson
Posted 4/10/2008 22:53 (#354974)
Subject: Marestail problem

Ok, we have been getting substantial amounts of rain, like just about everyone around here. We normally have all of our corn in the ground and getting ready to plant cotton. Well we have no corn in the ground, which does not bother me as much as the potential problem i am seeing in the near future. We normally have our applicaton of 2,4-D and hormony or clarity and harmony on cotton ground by about the 5th of april in order to meet the restriction date per label. Well it has rained another 3 inches tonight, and soon as it dries will be balls to teh wall planting corn. Then switch plates and plant cotton.

No marestail protection out there for this late in the game. unless you want to spray and wait till almost may or later to plant cotton once it dries up. What other options are out there. What about gramoxone and cotoran or direx broadcast right behind the planter or right in front of the planter. Or sequence applied with the planter, what about something incorporated with the du-all.

This situation is beginning to bother, really did not bother me too much when i was gong to start spraying tomorrow, but now after another 3 inches and more coming tonight and at least ten more days before i can get in teh feilds. spraying beforehand is out of the question.

Thanks

Brad

Oh we also had about 5 minutes of very heavy downpours of golfball size hail. Wander what the wheat will look liek in the morning. Was starting to look pretty good again after last weeks monsoons.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)