AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A worthwhile Chinese Article
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 2/23/2008 10:02 (#317325)
Subject: A worthwhile Chinese Article

Yesterday, unfortunately just at the opening of the markets, I was on a conference call with the former chairman of an international electronics company in Korea & a manufacturer of aluminum ladders in China. My Palm Springs friend wanted me on the call as he is investigating introducing a new industrial product into China.

Having never visited China, and while I read quite a bit about commerce over there (my friend relies upon me to ask questions-he is well acquainted with both of these fellows) my concern was the sales & distribution of this new product these fellows are considering.

The bottom line being, I sensed both of these fellows were chuckling over my ignorance as both indicated 'demand is not any concern whatsoever,' the challenge is manufacturing to maintain a supply of product. The purchasing function for quite a few of their industries is handled by the government & if it appears it is a worthwhile product, the immediate order for the business could run into hundreds of thousands to millions & you have to be ready to produce. They distribute into other Asian countries & work thru distributors in those instances but the China demand is of no concern whatsoever. At this time, they are gearing up to serve the Vietnam market as conditions are changing very rapidly in that country.

http://www.10thnpc.org.cn/english/China/243467.htm
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)