AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nat Gas, CNG, and Agriculture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CentralNEFarmer
Posted 1/30/2008 10:11 (#296768)
Subject: Nat Gas, CNG, and Agriculture

Custer County, Nebraska
Some time ago I remember hearing a CNBC stock advisor promoting the use of Natural Gas as an alternative energy play; his comments along the line of crude had almost doubled in the last year and Natural Gas had barely risen. Thus his conclusion was Natural Gas was undervalued and CNG vehicles could be a big play.

Now I don't normally follow Nat Gas, and have very little feel for the market.

My own personal feeling about CNG vehicles aside, I am trying to envision a future where millions of CNG cars and trucks roam the landscape.

Not inconsequential, during this time frame Canadian oil sands will continue to be developed. My understanding oil sands use a LOT of Nat Gas. A number I came across years ago was a twelfth of Canadian Nat Gas production was going to be utilized in oil sand development by 2010. I don't know if that number is true, and I am not going to stand behind it since I do not remember where I got it or when.

Being my slow minded self, and getting a kick in the pants after writing a BIG NH3 prepay check a month ago, I began to wonder just exactly how would a doubling of Nat Gas prices affect agriculture?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)