AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tying into Deere's Performance Monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2007 06:41 (#154095)
Subject: Tying into Deere's Performance Monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had a request from a customer yesterday who would like to tie into the Performance Monitor in his 9320 Deere tractor.

He has an EZ-Guide 500 and would like a more automatic way of engaging/disengaging the coverage map.

We know that with the proper setup, cable and implement switch that engaging/disengaging the coverage map can be done quite easily.

We also know that if we add a relay to the cable that we can use another electrical circuit to activate the relay which would again work. This approach works well with any situation where another circuit is activated by the operator such as a spray valve.

The customer indicates that with the Deere Performance monitor that it is possible to engage/disengage its acre counter in a variety of ways. One way is for the operator to actually push a key on each end to start/stop the acre counter.

A second way is to use an implement switch so that rasing/lowering an implement would start/stop the acre counter.

A third way that I was not aware of, is to apparently have the performance monitor "watch a hyd. remote". After the hyd switch is pushed to lower the implement, the acre counter starts and after the hyd switch is pushed to raise the implement, the acre counter starts.

The customer would like to tie the 500 into this method of starting/stopping the coverage map.

I have several reservations about trying this: 1) I assume that the performance monitor has no implement switch ON/OFF output port. 2) I assume that the connections to the performance monitor are at least partially CAN. 3) I am afraid that messing with any of this might cause problems with the Deere system.

Any other thoughts? Putting on a cheap implement switch seems like the safest and most conservative approach.

Edited by tedbear 5/25/2007 06:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)