AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm shop tools. Sometimes the boss finds a deal.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 12/11/2010 21:34 (#1480849)
Subject: Farm shop tools. Sometimes the boss finds a deal.

Hi all.

A friend quit his proffessional mechanic business a while back and had put his "spare" set of tools in a warehouse of sorts for future sale. While visiting with my boss this past spring, he mentioned he was'nt having much luck on ebay as the tools are Snapon and anyone that has the money buys new, those that buy ebay, buy there for the deals obviously. My boss just let it go over, then later, the friend says he could really use the money for other projects and would like to move the tools at a bargain price. So,...after a bit of going back and forth, my boss, a sucker for those cant miss deals, bought the tools.

Inside the box are several sets of wreches in every configuration possible, and this huge set that goes up to 2-1/2". Figured we'd sell them as what would we ever use them for? Well, I actually remembered the wrench was there and had to use it to remove the fuel cross over line on the little Sterling truck I am making a sprayer out of.

I wish the warehouse he had them at was heated or that he'd sprayed the wrenches down with something, but some surface rust has started. I can fix that easy enough, but not now as I have too many irons in the fire as it is.

This is probably like a toy wrench for the bridge repair technician here "Dingaling"?, but it is huge for what I do. It allmost feels odd to use these wrenches when you're so used to using Husky or something from harbor freight. When you know what these wrenches cost new, you allmost just want to not get them dirty, much less drop it and scratch it.Surprised 

(DSC00783.jpg)

(DSC00784.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00783.jpg (55KB - 161 downloads)
Attachments DSC00784.jpg (46KB - 133 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)