AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

problems with home buyers tax credit. now tax court! JAKE et al
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 11/5/2010 06:44 (#1422524)
Subject: problems with home buyers tax credit. now tax court! JAKE et al

NC Iowa
anyone else know about problems with getting that first time home owner tax rebate? my daughter bought a home and i had my cpa file for the refundable tax credit. 6 months ago, they wanted additional information, although all forms were properly completed when filed. had cpa send in copy of the deed, and transfer papers.

now she got a certified letter from irs. irs claims she owes additional tax, which just happens to be the amount equal to the homebuyer credit ($3800). no problem though, they will use her credit to offset the amount owed, so she is off the hook on paying them. problem is, she never recieved the credit, and didn't make enough to even owe any tax in the first place. now they says she had to go to 'tax court' if she wants the homebuyer credit.

there has been alot of fraud with the program, and i am sure they want to keep it from going to convicts serving life terms (happened many times).

is this just a way for govermant to back out of paying? tax court is an expensive deal, and much bigger dollar amounts would have to be involved to pursue this at tax court level. this is sure not something, at her income level, she could even consider.

is there any way to deal with these people? endless hold when i try phone calls. can senator or representive help? i know they sure promoted this program when housing market was in the tank. i sure hate to think about irs involved in running health care.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)