AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work on Sunday repair on Monday?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon
Posted 10/17/2010 22:19 (#1398348)
Subject: Work on Sunday repair on Monday?

Callao Missouri
Does that statement have any merit with you or do you have any opinions, observations, or ramblings about it?

Tonight I was cutting soybeans across from a fellow church members house and I get the phone call..... Hey Jon you know work on Sunday repairs on Monday...... Yes Chad I know I have been thinking the same thing all afternoon. So we chat a little while I was actually custom harvesting and he applies custom NH 3 and he said he decided there was two much to go wrong to work today. About that time I had a hopper full so I drove the combine to the truck and filled the truck, and toped off the grain cart. I almost shut the combine down at that moment but I thought I would go cut the combine hopper full so the truck driver would be busy in the morning. About half way through the hopper the clean grain slip clutch starts ratcheting. So I shut everything down and came to the house tonight. I will figure it out tomorrow morning.

Now the question is do you work on Sunday?
Do you try to avoid work on Sunday?
If you were doing custom work would you work on Sunday?
How would you explain it to your customers if you chose to relax on Sunday even though you and they both still have crop in the field?

I did go to church this morning and paid attention as we have a very good minister and I honestly have not fallen asleep very many times listening to him. But I did go to work promptly after church today.
I guess I have a lot of combine time to think this through but I thought I would see what my fellow ag talkers think. Jon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)