AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pacemaker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

blane
Posted 9/25/2010 20:52 (#1374107)
Subject: pacemaker

northwest Indiana
How many people on here have pacemakers? I am a 58 year old male with type II diabetes and I am overweight. For a few years I have been medicating for seizures, although I only had one. I simply passed out in our kitchen. I have some warning when this is coming on.The neurologist examined and tested me and said that I would be OK with medication. Well, about a week ago it happened again. They took me to the hospital and told me they would watch me for a day then send me home. The next morning I had another one in the hospital and this one created quite a stir because my heart stopped during it. In a few seconds it re-started on it's own. I was sent to cardiac care, and after all kinds of tests the cardiologist said my heart was OK. When I saw my family doctor a couple of days later he strongly urged me to get a second (cardiologist) opinion. This one got my history and talked with my family doctor about what had happened in the hospital and said that I needed a pacemaker. The thinking is that if the brain is causing the heart to slow down or stop the pacemaker will override it, and if the heart itself is slowing or trying to stop the pacemaker with solve that problem, also. Does this make sense? Has anyone else had experiences like this? The cardiologist said that he has seen many patients who have "falling down disease" that have their problems end after this procedure. Bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)