AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For amsunshine and ILOVECH and others a recipe for Christmas (revisited with pictures)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 12/13/2009 17:28 (#964515)
Subject: For amsunshine and ILOVECH and others a recipe for Christmas (revisited with pictures)

Thought I would post an update of this recipe from the original post I made here. My mother was making several batches today and thought I would take some pictures and post a follow up.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=116853

Here are some pics of the steps along the way.

The recipe again. No dried figs in the description and pictures below and candied cherries  were used in place of the maraschino ones.  

Here is the butter blend and sugar mixed together. Probably best to stir this all by hand to avoid over processing the cherries, banana and oranges

Here are the Mandarin oranges used.

Here are the mashed bananas

Here are the red and green candied cherries used in place of the maraschino ones in the recipe.

Here are the Mandarin oranges added including the juice in the can.

Here is the mix after stirring in the oranges.

Adding the chocolate chips.

Adding the coconut.

Adding the candied cherries

Adding the almonds keeping part of them back to sprinkle on top after filling the glass pans.

Spraying the glass pans with Pam. Metal pans usually tear the bottom of the bread out when removing the bread from the pan.

Here is the mix poured into the glass pans.

Now add the rest of the almonds over the top.

After baking cover the top with confectioners powdered sugar

Here is the end results. I like it best after it has been in the refrigerator for a day or so. Hard to make it last that long though Smile

Hope this will be helpful to anyone that wants to try this recipe.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)