AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

General thoughts into end of year and early next year...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmpro11
Posted 11/20/2009 21:51 (#932378)
Subject: General thoughts into end of year and early next year...

I could see the S&P having a wide range into the end of the year. I am thinking between 1140-1080....maybe down to 1060. Still think a slight new high is possible.

I think commodities will stay firm into the end of the year but I don't think they have much if any upside left in them. I could see crude try for 85-90 but thats is it. (commodities I am the least sure though...I am just not sure if they will stay firm with stocks or go down with the dollar rise into years end.)

I think the dollar has bottomed and will rise to 82-83 into the new year. Generally if you look back at stocks and dollar turns, they rarely turn together. In fact when the dollar bottoms and starts going up stocks normally go up with it for a short time before diverging(at least during BIG turns.)

Gold should test 1000 into years end. But if stocks and commodities hold into years end, you might not see gold not get sold off until after the new year and hold into the 1100 range.

After the new year I think everything gets murdered except the Dollar after reality sets in about the world economy in general. To sum it up by April '10 the DOW will be at its old lows at 6,500, commodities will go back to there 2008 lows( watch to see which ones stay off there 2008 lows because those will be the ones you will want to get long once every thing settles down as they will be the strongest over the next 5 years), the dollar will be well into the 90's and Gold will be at 500-600.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)