AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any programs out there for beginning farmers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 2/27/2024 07:54 (#10641651)
Subject: any programs out there for beginning farmers?

NC Iowa
after 48 years, i have pretty much decided to retire and share rent my land to my daughter. is it not enough to support a family on its own, but my wife taught school and with that and the benefits, we had enough, plus time for family.

daughter is currently working at a small animal veterinarian clinic/hospital as a vet tech. her specialty is equine, but not a big demand for that around here. she also has a B cdl but never drove. her husband has A cdl and currently drives local. she has operated most of my machinery except sprayer. her husband is not from a farm background. they have 2 boys, 7 and 11. i only have about 400k in machinery and depreciated out so she can just use it. depending on what direction she wants to go, she my need some capital to upgrade facilities and fencing for livestock. i have not borrowed since the 80's and cant help on that.

i have heard there are programs out there but not tuned it to what they are, and if they are something that would be worth looking into. she is not a recognized minority group, but she is female. she lurks on agtalk but has never posted.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)