AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gallenberg/Willmar Eagle owners - making more ground clearance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 10/25/2008 11:48 (#490654)
Subject: Gallenberg/Willmar Eagle owners - making more ground clearance

With fungicides becoming more the norm for corn and the spray timing being pretty late (tall corn), I'm thinking the 36" clearance I have with the Gallenberg 600 is somewhat lacking. Has anyone tried to lift an older gallenberg/eagle up significantly - maybe 24"? These have a monster truck like suspension which rides really nice as it is. I'm wondering if adding 24" of material between the wheel motor support and the suspension links will create forces the suspension 'links' can handle. I'd appreciate any ideas.

I've thought about trading sprayers, but I bought the 600 very cheap (and no one wants them), so upgrading to the next cheapest option (like a hagie 280/284) would be a big chunk of money for me (though if there are any 280's w/80' boom, diesel, air ride kit for $13K let me know). Having it custom done is ok, but timing and price are an issue. I've paid for my sprayer many times over (application cost + cheaper chemical options), so if I can make a similar investment in modifying the sprayer to spray fungicides has a strong possibility of paying for itself pretty easily.

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)